-Uneven mortar. Will challenge crisp brick laying. Note the mortar lumps intruding.
-Unevenly broken bricks, irregular shapes
3. Learn about the anatomy of the temporary wooden jamb. (pictures coming soon)
4. Learn more about the anatomy, dimensional challenges regarding, and damages to the door. (pictures coming soon.)
1. Clean bricks: dirt, messy mortar, irregular wood pieces.
2. Mix mortar: try different ratios and consistencies
3. Practice cutting and breaking bricks
4. Practice laying bricks away from the house
5. Complete missing photo documentation of the door.
-New and old individual brick measurements: do they match?
-Dimensions of the door timber (appears to be a rough-sawn 4X8)
-Jamb construction picture
6. Make a plan to anchor mason string to the concrete sill. I think using mason screws/nails is not ok, for the sill or for the arch. Tape? What do you think? The string would be in this position: